Migration Are you providing migration advice?

Are you providing migration advice?


If you are helping someone in their dealings with the immigration department and you are not a registered migration agent or exempt, make sure you know what you can and can’t do.

This video provides clear guidelines for people giving migration advice, as well as highlighting the serious penalties for unlawful activity. You should go to the department’s website http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/forms/services/services-form.htm if you know someone who is operating illegally and report them by ticking the box for unregistered agent activity. Or you can call the department’s dob-in-line on 1800 009 623.



Traditional Chinese

Simplified Chinese

(First published by ImmiTV on Nov 28, 2010)


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest news

What is Dalgona coffee? The whipped coffee trend taking over the internet during coronavirus isolation

By Katherine Kirkwood, Queensland University of Technology If you’ve scrolled through Instagram, TikTok or...

COVIDSafe tracking app reviewed: the government delivers on data security, but other issues remain

By Mahmoud Elkhodr, CQUniversity Australia Over three million people had downloaded the federal government’s...

Virgin Australia was never going to last

By Warren Staples, RMIT University; Andrew Linden, RMIT University, and Mariano L.M. Heyden, Monash University

Donald Trump blames everyone but himself for the coronavirus crisis. Will voters agree?

By David Smith, University of Sydney In absolute numbers, the United States is suffering...

Without international students, Australia’s universities will downsize – and some might collapse altogether

By James Doughney, Victoria University The loss of international students due to COVID-19 restrictions,...

Running out of things to do in isolation?

By Anthea Batsakis, The Conversation Right now, the best thing we can do to...

Must read

You might also likeRELATED
Recommended to you