Visiting or moving to Australia for good can be a challenging process especially if it’s your first time applying for a visa.
You can visit the Department of Home Affairs website to get everything you need to know about the visa requirements you should accomplish.
However, the most convenient way is to use the services of a registered migration agent (RMA) to help you out throughout the application process.
Remember, it is illegal for anyone who is not registered to provide immigration advice or provide assistance in submitting a visa application. The agent must be listed on the Register of Migration Agents held by the Office of the Migration Agents Registration Authority (OMARA).
You can still apply for an Australian visa even without an agent. You just need to make sure you get the right visa type and ensure that you gather all the relevant requirements. This includes proofs of financial capacity and skills qualifications that are accepted by the migration office. For some though, this could be hard to manage.
So, why use a Registered Migration Agent?
1. Avoid confusion for an easier visa application process.
In order to find the right visa for you, there has to be enough time and patience in researching the best options available. Since the Australian government won’t be there to guide you every step of the process, it’s a smart decision to have an RMA to make sure you’re on the right track. This could mean less work and hassle for you.
2. Increase the chance of your visa application being approved.
Using a registered migration agent for visa applications will not influence the outcome of applications or speed up the process. However, the expertise of an agent will provide you with less stressful visa application experience while increasing the chances of getting approved than doing it yourself.
Your agent understands the ins and outs of the application process and knows which pieces of evidence are enough to support your requirements.
3. Get accurate information with OMARA-certified RMA.
Choosing a migration agent that is licensed by OMARA is the best thing to do. This will guarantee you get all the right details during the entire application process. Also, you can be assured that your agent knows the latest laws and policies that apply to the Australian visa application.
4. Keep up with the current visa requirements.
The Australian government consistently improves its legislation which affects visa requirements and applications. Therefore, having a registered migration agent will make sure that you are complying with the Australian immigration laws as well as other newly implemented regulations.
Services a migration agent can do for you
- give advice on the most appropriate visa to use
- complete visa application form(s) for you
- prepare supporting documentation and information for the application(s)
- submit applications and deal with the relevant government departments on your behalf
- provide advice on complex immigration matters
Responsibilities of a registered migration agent
- Adhere to the standards in the Code of Conduct.
- Be realistic about your chances of getting a visa.
- Provide you with an agreement of services and fees before commencing of work or take money from you. This agreement should give you a breakdown of costs involved plus the agent’s professional’s fee.
- Keep you informed about the progress of your visa application and let you know about the outcome of your application in writing.
- Provide you with an invoice for the work they have done.
VIDEO: What to expect from a registered migration agent
Wrapping It Up
There are pros and cons to consider when applying for an Australian visa without the professional help of a migration agent. The main reason is cost. However, while it’s possible to get a visa approval even if you process it on your own, using a registered migration agent gives you an assurance that you are in the right direction.
Remember, the immigration laws and requirements continue to evolve and you need to keep up with those changes in order to successfully move to Australia.
On the other hand, ensuring that you’re dealing with a qualified migration agent is crucial. One simple mistake in your application can affect everything.
Therefore, you need to find a reputable registered migration agent who can handle your specific visa requirements in the most cost-effective way. RMAs are equipped with the skills and knowledge in avoiding unnecessary mistakes and assurance of the best outcome for your visa application.
Now, are you confident enough to find the best RMA that will help you study, work or migrate to Australia?
If you require the services of a registered migration agent, TheMigrant.com.au recommends the following:
DISCLOSURE: TheMigrant.com.au will earn a referral income if you use the services of our recommended agents. This is one way we generate revenue to maintain this site.